Your one stop shop for everything Nour

Introduction

Hello Everyone!

My name is Noureldin Kamel. I am a 4th year Computer Science student with an interest in Video game programming and development.

I am interested in this course due to the wide variety of methods that multimedia content could be utilized, both in my studies and in my future career in Video games.

I am originally from Egypt and take great pride in my history and culture, with both of them being direct inspirations for a lot of my work.

Learning Pod Self Reflection

• What is your preferred mode of remote communication?

I mainly utilize Discord for text-based communication and Zoom for video conferencing

• What are your communication strengths?

I like to think I am very direct and to the point with my communication which removes any fog around what I mean

• What are your communication weaknesses? Where would you like to grow?

I definitely need to work on my time management skills

• Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

Definitely an introvert, my alone time is very precious to me

• What time zone are you in?

I am in the Pacific Standard time zone

• What time of day do you prefer doing academic work?

I do some of my work during the day, but I do most of my work during the afternoons and evening

• When you are upset do you tend to share this with others or keep it to yourself?

Most of the time I share it with family and close friends, and if something is in need of ramification immediately, I would contact the person who upset me and discuss it with them

• What do you like about group work?

It allows each person to show their strengths and truly shine in what they are good at, which is always nice to watch

• What don’t you like about group work?

Organizing everything and finding time for all of us to be free to work on something is definitely the most difficult part

• What else would you like your team to know?

That I look forward to working with all of them. I am sure we’ll do great work!

Conclusion

That’s it for my first blog post. I look forward to meeting my team mates and everybody else in the class. Good luck and happy learning!

1. nima

Hey Nour!
    A fellow Software Student! Nice!!!
    What are your favourite video games!? And what motivated you to go into game dev?

• nkamel

Hey Nima! My favourite video games have to be Pokemon Ruby, The Last of Us, God of War (the new one, haven’t been able to play the old ones unfortunately), and Baldur’s Gate 3! Seeing the quality of video games nowadays along with the fact that video games are a fantastic outlet for creativity, and the fact that I have been playing video games since I was 6, were definitely contributing factors to me wanting to become a game dev.